Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Come all and post the name of your bass(es)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Viper, Jul 9, 2004.

1. Viper

Viper Guest

Jun 2, 2004
    Williamsport PA0
    Yea.. I'm a freak so what? I didn't name my bass really a good friend of mine did. and she chose the name of Bob for my beutiful bass. and she named the tuning pegs also shiny screwy lumpy and boltella

she got bored during civics the one day

so if you're bored just tell us all the name of your bass :D

2. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I've never even considered naming an instrument.

3. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Dis one, and Dat one over there.

4. Joey3313

Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Annber.

Half after the name my sister gave it (Amber), and half after the chick I was with when I bough it (Anne).

5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    why would anyone do that? it's just a bass

6. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Right. They're tools. I don't name my favorite socket set or floor jack, either.

7. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've named 4 of them Sadowsky, 6 of them Valenti, one of them Spector, another one G&L, one is called Geddy Lee & last but not least, one is called Schecter/Ibanez.

8. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Ummm.... No.... I my router isn't called honey.....

:bag:

9. Stu Hamm, Only because his signature is on the back, but its really called daria
    [​IMG]

A.B. King, Steve Baileys Teacher, one of the 4 things he taught steve was "if you really love your instrument, you will give it a name, passion can bring anything to life"

flea calls his main bass, the one covered in stickers the punk bass, and stu hamm calls his red sparkle with gold pickguard bass "mel"

10. Elwood..... It's a damn cool name, since i cant change my name to it, i named my bass it... my next bass shall be known as Elwood the second :smug:

Peace,
    Chips :bassist:

11. Umm...the names of my insterments are usually just the regular name with a letter or two different because thats the way it sounds when I'm pronouncing them to people. Such as:

-Dearia (Run together "The" and "Aria")

-Ibanex (Lazy about the z)

-El Fendero Fivo (Its mexican)

and finally

-Senor Acousto (Hondo Acoustic)

I'm pretty sure they all sound pretty gay.

12. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Anaheim, CA
    I've never really called my basses by name, but when people asked about the Marcus Miller bass I use to own, I told them it was named Rudy to screw with them (because of the rude noise it made).

I call my Benavente, 'my Benavente'.

13. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    I haven't named my basses, but there have been times, during recording sessions, that either the artist or the producer will say things like "Grab that big one (refering to my 6 string)" or "Let's hear the ugly one (refering to my beat to hell Fender)" or "Try the same bass line but use the pretty bass (refering to my Lakland)" or "Ooooo...you play cello too? (refering to my upright)"

14. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    A friend of mine named my fretless Duncan. My fretted, as of yet, does not have a name.

15. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    It seems like you're either wired to name your instruments, cars, etc., or you're not. I just call my instruments by their brand names (well except for this electric guitar I have which is pieced together from a million different sources, it's just "that guitar") and... my truck I just call "my truck." ;)

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Mine are similarly named, oddly enough. Who'da thunk?

It's either brand, number of strings, or color. Never any personification, really.

17. My latest bass design is called the "Fairlane".

But by the time it was completed it's nickname was "@#%^%&?!!"