Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

come check us out again! tuesday oct 22 at smiths olde bar

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by john turner, Oct 21, 2002.

1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    hey folks

we'll be playing at smith's olde bar tomorrow night, tuesday oct 22, at around 9:00 or so. for the folks who've come out and seen us the last few times, we'll be playing different stuff this time around.

i'll be playing the wedding bass tomorrow night, it's live debut. should be fun. :D

2. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    groovy dave!!! you're my hero!

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    just for the day ;)

also post pics of the new bass on action plz

4. Joe and I will try to make it, but I can't promise. We're leaving for Florida on Thursday, and I have a ton of stuff to do, but I'll see if I can't swing it.

Lisa

5. I'll try, but no promise. I am going on a few days of sleep depravation and the body is revolting.

6. N itt0

N itt0

Oct 5, 2002
    Marietta, GA
    I am new here, but I might as well get out and see other people from the boards! See you all tonight!

7. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    cool! welcome to talkbass :). be sure to come up and say hi - i look like this...

[​IMG]

and i'll be playing this...

[​IMG]

oh, and lisa, barbara and i are going down to orlando leaving this friday night! :D are you still getting together with gard and mrs. gard on saturday for sushi?

8. No. We're helping my mom move. She's going back to Tampa from Englewood, so I'll be back and forth on the road a lot. I wish to heck we could make it over to Orlando though! Sounds like it's going to be a ton-o-fun!

Lisa

9. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    oops, my bad. i was thinking that this weekend was the trip that you and joe were talking about at the bass player get together.

10. It should have been the wekend of the 4th, but the class didn't make, so I didn't go down, which is a good thing, since I think that was the weekend Gard had the gig in Mexico.

BTW...sorry we missed the gig. We had unexpected company. <Sigh> I'll keep trying if you keep playing! :D

Lisa

11. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    that's cool. the wingnuts had us actually go on earlier than i expected, which suckethed big time.

still, though, we'll be doing this again, if the guy calls us. next time we'll probably be doing versitile residue, so bring tomatoes!!

12. neptoon

neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i'm sure you would axe the man who would dare give you raspberry...er...i mean tomatoes ;) i really gotta get back down to king's bay...

13. natebass

natebass

Sep 6, 2001
    Bremerton, WA
    I don't know man, King's Bay is definitely NOT the place for me, 10-12 hour days with over an hour's commute each way...