Come listen to me vent!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Circus, Nov 10, 2003.

1. Well, I went to Lilo's on whyte ave, those of you from alberta will know what i am talking about probably, which is where I left my old peavey basic 112 amp as a deposit on a fender bxr stack. As most of you know, I decided to buy the new yorkville half stack instead (good decision), at a different store, so I told Vic (Lilo) that I would be there to pick up my deposit (amp) sometime. This was a couple weeks ago. He said come down and we'll talk. So, today I went down, and he told me that he sold it a few weeks ago (which is when I called), and said he'd give me 100 bucks credit in his store. Now first of all, you can't get anything in there for a hundred bucks, unless you stock up on books and strings, and second, when I was buying the amps, he gave me 200, now all of a sudden its 100? GRR! I GOT SCREWED!
  2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Did you get a receipt for the amp when you left it there? If so then you have something to work with. Otherwise I can only recommend that you have a chat with him and tell him you are disappointed and expect some recourse. Hopefully he will respond. I wouldn't count on it though. Be polite but firm. Yelling won't cut it in these situations.

If you didn't have this in writing then you are left with a finger pointing exercise. In which case it is going to be very hard to resolve. I know it sucks to hear this but never leave equipment as a deposit. Always leave cash and get a receipt that details the transaction.

Dan :bassist:
  3. Yeah I have a reciept saying what I was going to buy, what I left, and how much he was giving me for it. However, stores will give you more if you are trading in towards something like an amp, trading in just for cash or credit they will give u less, which is the situation. This is still retarted, I lost a perfectly good amp, maybe I will try and ask for cash. What really makes me angry is that I told him I would come in, and he still sold it.
    The point is, I wanted my amp back, I can't get one as good for 100 bucks, even used. Heh, this place is such a ripoff, they sell squier strats for 540 bucks.
  4. Boozy

Apr 29, 2002
    Kelowna BC, Canada
    I'd be rattled.

What I would try and do is get him to still give you 200$ of in store credit. I know it kinda sucks, but it will go further than 100$ in your pocket.

That was pretty rude of him, and I would like to know what he sold the peavey for.

So, bottom line, originally he was going to give you 200$ towards an amp (the same as in store credit) and he should still do that. Grin and bare the fact that you no longer want the in store purchase.. if he will still give you the 200$, you can always use it over the next while on strings, cords, or other misc. gear you may come to need.

If he wont give you the 200$ credit, come back and tell us. I can give you a couple of ideas of things you can do that are legal, but would make any store owner reconsider what they are doing.
  5. Wicked, thnx for suggestions. I'll try and get the 200, and buy some new chords, strings, maybe a few stands. At first I felt bad for backing out because I was going to spend like 1400 bucks, and it is just a privately owned music store, but now, my attitude has totally changed. In fact, as far as he knows, I don't even have an amp right now, as he sold mine, I told him I needed a new transmission in my car. Although I obviously spent that on my yorkville rig, but he doesn't know that.