Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Come original bass

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by TOOTHY999, Sep 8, 2002.

1. TOOTHY999

TOOTHY999

Sep 8, 2002
    first of all 311 wins.

No one seems to know how to tab the bass to 311-come original right (mainly the verse), Ive seen 4 versions of it now but I dont think any of them are right (because everyones crazy but me of course)

it sounds like:

Bum dee dee di di

they think its :

bum tick tick ricky dEe dumby somethin...

does anyone actually know what theyre doing?

p.s. if any one says "why dont you tab it yourself" i will hunt them down and kick them in the balls (ill think of something for you too ladies) very hard reapetedly

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I think you'd be better off tabbing it yourself.

(C'mon, with a setup like that did you think someone WOULDN'T say it?)

3. TOOTHY999

TOOTHY999

Sep 8, 2002
    roar

4. Freakapotamus9

Freakapotamus9

Jun 20, 2001
    Nebraska
    hah.. joke. right?

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Ohhh, ok... I think the bum is an E, the dee dees are an octave of that E and di di's... I don't know I need help with those.

... but seriously, those crazy noises the bass player (mr. p-nut) happens to be making is a style called "Slap Bass" ya know, the thing with the thumb. The ticky rickey's are dead notes. It's when you don't fret the note, but you lay your hand on the strings. I'd get into more detail, but I'm lazy. Plus this sounds like an adventure for you. Slapping and Popping is where it's at. Good luck.

6. Aaron

Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    is there a new kind of Solfege i'm not aware of?

7. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    I want to cry :(

sniff...

8. TOOTHY999

TOOTHY999

Sep 8, 2002
    i know what slap bass is and stuff (see the mutalated thumb) but then the verse would be

--------0 h2-----x-----
    ----------------------x
    -----------------------
    0----------------------

Thats really all you can hear, but all the tabs say theres all these other goofy notes, im wondering if everyones crazy, or I can't hear right. plus that seems a bit simple for P-nut

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Thus the start of taunt Toothy fest

9. TOOTHY999

TOOTHY999

Sep 8, 2002
    plus the bumm dum ticky ticky dunby part was a joke because I was too lazy to write tab... get it...ha...

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah like you said, you can only hear a few notes, the main reason is, there are only a few notes. There are a proverbial assload of deadnotes in that slap part. You're going to have to get good with double pops and all that jazz if you wanna sound like P-nut.