Comeback Album of the Decade!

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Tash, May 4, 2005.

1. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Forget Cream's DVD, something even better is coming soon....STRYPER!

Jokes about silly costumes and big hair aside, Stryper packed one of the more talented lineups of any 80s hairband act, and while thier pro-christian antics are almost as laughable as the pseudo-satanic goblygook most of their contemporaries were using to sell records, they had heart and emotion behind what they played. I actually think I need to buy this one.
  2. johnvice

Sep 7, 2004
    I saw these guys live in about 1985 and they were awesome. Great band with a lot of live charisma!
  3. I'm actually curious to hear that. Yes, I did like Stryper when I was younger. :bag:
  4. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    As unmetal as rocking for jesus was in the 80's...Styper had some bad ass tunes. Oz Fox is no joke on the guitar.

I'm also curious to hear it.
  5. Good to see some people recognize!

Heh, but if you think about it...all the really good bands that got pop attention in the mid eighties (and I mean POP as in hair metal, not actual metal-fans) all had that was a given.

Ozzy did it, but he'd do anything...and same with Dokken..who hated his fans apparently.

I mean, as stupid as Stryper seemed...I wouldn't see them as any more silly than what Judas Priest was doing...I mean when I watch those videos I snicker and almost vomit at times.

Iron Maiden made some cheesy videos/songs, but their Eddie and old war/plane footage wasn't really that bad.

Anyway, Stryper had some pretty good music...not really any great songs! "Soooldiers...soooooldiers...under command!"

:bassist: :crying:
  6. come to think of it there are lots of awesome comebacks this decade. Brian Wilson, the Pixies, Morrissey, Gang of Four, Slint...

and then there's Weezer... :scowl:
  7. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

And soon, Dinosaur Jr.
  8. Cantstandsya

Jul 27, 2001
    Fontana, CA
  9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Good for them, though I don't dig Christian rock that much, I approve of the fact that someone can make a living/be happy doing what they believe in. And if Jesus wants hair metal... give Jesus hair metal. He had quite the mop too.

I'd give it a listen if MP3s are available. I wonder what kind of musical approach they will take? I mean, it probably won't be "hair"
  10. Haaaaaaaaawwwwnnesssssssssssstly...I will not be buying this album...but they were pretty good.
  11. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
  12. Oh yeah stryper they kicked ........wait , no not really....... :spit:
  13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I gave it a listen. Not bad, but very generic. It's good at sounding like someone else.