1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Comedian Soupy Sales dies at age 83

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by warnergt, Oct 23, 2009.

1. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Wow...just wow! Here's a quote from the article you linked..."Sales was born Milton Supman on Jan. 8, 1926, in Franklinton, N.C., where his was the only Jewish family in town. His parents, owners of a dry-goods store, sold sheets to the Ku Klux Klan."

2. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    Hit by over 25,000 pies. I rember the Naked Lady..I even heard he said "Hire the handicap, there fun to watch" Lots of urban myths about what he may or may not have said. I saw a clip were he introduces jazz trumpeter Clifford Brown and Clifford does his thing.

3. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Another of the greats is gone. :(

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    As a kid, I could never understand why my Mother said life was short. Now that I am middle aged, it is painfully obvious.:(

Another person I remember from his or her prime, is dead.

5. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    My favorite pie hit was Soupy looking up the chimney and asking "is that you Santa?" then splat.

6. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member