Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

comfort strap

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Yvon, Mar 29, 2001.

1. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    My wife will give me a comfort strap as a gift. Where is the best deal on the net for those?
    They can't be found here in Montreal.
    Anything better than comfort strap before I buy one?

Thank you

2. seamus

seamus

Feb 8, 2001
    Jersey
    Only place I have ever seen one is online, and only one place at that.

http://www.r2musical.com/accessories/comfort_strapp.html

I've never been able to try one, but people who have them said they like them a lot.

I also have never ordered from that vendor, so I can't give an impression.

I wonder if a local store could order one for you, but I don't even know who makes them. :(

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Yvon -

Go to www.basscentral.com, they have them in stock and ready to ship. Conversely you could call (1-800-545-8813).

I've tried out several different types of straps, and the Comfort Strapp is easily the most comfortable and supportive standard style strap available (that I'm aware of). Well worth the money, I've got two, and I'll never leave home without them :). They hold up well too, I've had both of mine about 4 years now, and gig a lot. I won't say that there isn't anything better than a Comfort Strapp, but I will say nothing I've tried yet is.

4. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Just bought a Comfort Strapp yesterday at the Tempe, AZ Guitar Center for $30. They had 6 on the rack, short and long. I tried several brands of straps on a 4 and 5 Stingray,(like mine) and the Comfort Strapp won hands down.
    Doc

5. Yvon, I am buying a Comfort Strap tomorrow from Dave at Club Bass in Toronto. Shipped to Montreal they are about $51 CAN.
    www.clubbass.ca

6. I've had a CS for about 3 years now, and it is great!
    I bought it when I bought my Warwick, and don't know that I would have used any other strap with it. The Warwick is gone, but I'm still using the strap.

7. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I just received my strap today!
    I love it!
    THanks guy.

Hey bassboy, Dave charged me 54$!!

I got screwed! ;)

8. Yvon, glad you like the strap- don't forget about straplocks! When are we going to get together and check out each others basses?
    Randy