Comfort Strapp vs. Neotech Mega Bass Strap

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by PolkaHero, Jan 17, 2011.

1. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    I just received a Neotech Mega Bass strap from MF today, and while it is extremely comfortable (wide and well padded) I'm disappointed in the length. I can only adjust the strap to a minimum length of 44 inches. Ideally I set my straps at around 40 inches. I'm thinking of returning this and springing for a Comfort Strapp Pro Bass Long (adjusts from 38-45 inches) as the prices are similar and I've read favorable reviews on this forum. My question is how is the width/padding on these compared to the Neotech? Looks like they're about a half inch narrower and not sure on the padding. Right now I have a Carvin strap that is wide but lacks adequate padding. Thanks!

2. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I have both. The main difference between the two is that the Comfort Strapp is a bit more elastic. I feel they're equally comfortable.

3. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I also have both, and agree they're both comfy. The Comfort one stretches more easily, but for me I like the feel and look of the Neotech better. The Neotech is also available in different lengths; I'm not 100% sure about the widths with respect to the lengths, but my medium-length Neotechs are plenty comfortable, even though I'm one of those complains-about-neck-pain guys.

4. PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Are you sure the Neotech is available in different lengths? I checked their website and they only list the one model which is adjustable from 42-51 inches. Maybe you have a different model?

5. PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Just noticed on Neotech's website the Super Bass Strap which looks like the same thing as the Mega Bass but is adjustable from 33-42 inches. Is the padding and width the same?

Update:
    I emailed Neotech and they responsed immediately saying that the two models are basically the same, only difference is the Mega Bass has more neoprene length. I should have researched more before I purchased, but it looks like I'll return/exchange the Mega Bass for the Super Bass model.

6. GroovinOnFunk

GroovinOnFunk

Apr 30, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    Endorses Cleartone and SIT Strings

I'm pretty sure that the Super Bass model isn't as wide.

By now, I'm sure you've made your decision... was wondering what you thought of your purchase.

7. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I'm with you on that. I was dissappointed in the length as well. However, my wife is real good at sewing so I had her fold an area of about 2 inches and she sewed it neatly and tightly and it is now perfect. I also have the Sadowsky short model and that is perfect length. The MF version is way cheaper.

8. PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    The Super Bass isn't quite as wide and lacks some of the padding of the Mega Bass, but at least I can adjust it to the proper length. I'm happy with it.

9. AztecViking

AztecViking Supporting Member

Oct 12, 2010
    EndlessSummerVille, CA
    I feel bad that the last comfort strap I got couldn't adjust to get even shorter! After studying live videos on how Wojtec Pilichowskit gets his slap tone I realized that it's partially due to always keeping the thumb as parallel to the the strings as possible which requires the bass to be slung somewhat high. I do now realize they have an extra short model available which I did not specifically ask for in my order.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021