Comfort Strapp?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ikickuintheballs, May 26, 2001.

1. Yesterday I had band practice from 1pm until 9pm. I came home with my shoulder killing me from the weight of my warwick and the strap on my shoulder. Would the Comfort Strapp keep this from happening? Thanks.
  2. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I like my comfort strapp just fine. It does seem to take out some fatigue. The only thing I don't like about it is the plastic thingies at each end, which kind of clatter on the bridge end when I put it on. No big deal, but I am going to cover them with something so they don't mar my bass.
  3. Scott Cutrer

Scott Cutrer Guest

Aug 21, 2000
    Richmond, VA
    mine really helps on my heavier axes
  4. bumpcity

May 12, 2001
    I got so excited about it, I put all the info in the subject line!
  5. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I have 2 basses and 2 straps. The comfort strap is on my MIM Jazz, and it IS really comfortable! I don't know about 8 hours with it, though.

My other strap is one that I don't know the brand name of. It was much more expensive than a Comfort Strap, it's leather with some design on it, and is padded (quite well) with some cotton on the underside. I think that strap actually does a better job, and even has to hold a heavier bass (my Spector) than the Comfort Strap. You may give such a strap a try.

BTW: I don't know how wide your strap is, but if you can find one that is wider, that'll spread out the weight of your bass more.;)
  6. yea.. good point.. I SHOULD get a nice wide strap.. I'm using the strap I have from my first bass b/c the one I use for my ergodyne doesn't really clip onto my warwick.
  7. I love my comfort strap, but I think any strap for eight hours is not going to help much.