1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Comida oaxaqueña

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Apr 4, 2006.

1. Anyone else like Oaxacan food? I think I could eat mole negro or coloradito over goat every day for the rest of my life if need be.

2. Dude, My favorite is on I think National? and, Sepulveda in the Trader Joes Parking Lot.The best mole in town!!!!

3. Guelaguetza, at Sepulveda and Palms. Ghod, it's so amazing. There are two other Guelaguetzas in Koreatown that ripped off the name, but I doubt they stole the recipe for the coloradito.

Tlapazola, at Gateway and Barrington, is another good one. Man, I hope some non-SoCal people start responding here. :D

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I roasted up some killer Oaxacan coffee beans a couple of weeks back. Unfortunately the source is now sold out.

bc

5. I love mole. My wife is Mexican and my mother in law brings a bunch of it with her from Jalisco whenever she visits. Nuts, peppers, and chocolate as a sauce....amazing idea.

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I like Mexican food.

7. Brad Barker

Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

yeah, me too. taco bell is great. :p

:bag:

8. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    What?

so many big words... and theyre not even in english! Can someone define some of them for me?

9. You eat goat? And people say us vegetarians are weird for eating soy meat.

Gardenburger Ribs=Heaven

10. Goat is amazing if it's cooked for long enough--all the protein of beef, but with the fat level of chicken. Zesty, gamey, delicious.

Many cultures eat goat. It's a staple in India, the Middle East/North Africa, Spain, Latin America, and much of East Africa. Most Westerners disdain it because they don't like gamey-tasting meat--their loss!

11. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    i like FRIJOLES BORRACHOS

12. Wow! I thought I liked Mexican food but I've never heard of 'mole' - in any colour :) ..... it's not really 'mole' is it? Not those pesky, burrowing, blind creatures???

I have had goat curry though. It was served up at my nephew's wedding. It was nice and yes, gamey.... couldn't have too big a portion....