Coming Back.. Need Some Suggestions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by XR3MYX, Oct 10, 2005.

1. XR3MYX

Jul 15, 2004
    It's been about 4 or 5 years since I played bass last. I was never really hard into playing bass, so I never really took any interest in finding out about products. So, since I've taken a long term leave of absense from paintball I have some extra money to work with. I'm looking to buy a new bass, and a good amp.
    I'm lookin at Rockbasses by Warwick. Now I notice a fairly large difference in price between Warwicks and Rockbasses.. does this mean less quality? Also, would a Rockbass be a good choice for punk/rock/emo style music? I've been listening to a couple bands that play Warwicks, and I love the tone. But the bands aren't really the style of music I play. They're aren't any local stores that carry Warwicks or Rockbasses. I'd have to drive about 45 minutes to get to one.
    As for amps, I've been lookin at Hartke's kickback 25-35watt amps. The local stores around here have them and I like the sound it has. Are they good qualtiy? I.E. Will they last, are they durable, do they use good electronics? Stuff like that.
    Sorry if this has been covered, if it has just give me the link and I'll go about my way. Thanx in advance for the help!
  2. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    Hi. I´m not a Warwick expert but I can assure you there are differences between Rockbass series and the real ones.
    Where ? Electronics, hardware, woods.

Rockbass are good basses for the price, but real Warwicks are much better (if you can afford the price tag). My suggestion is try to play both of them (and other brands too) and then make your decision.

Good luck