1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Coming Back

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Bassmanbob, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Bassmanbob

Bassmanbob Supporting Member

After a reletively consistant hiatus from playing for the last eighteen months, I'm coming back to playing again. At the age of 42, I had been spending too much time away from my wife and kids playing in one or another bands locally. I had been out of the house two or three nights a week, and even I was thinking that I'd rather be home playing Monopoly with my wife and girls than playing in front of a bunch of sloppy drunken strangers.

Well lets just say that I miss the music-- not the sloppy drunken strangers. So I'm coming back, but this time I hope to do it in a more appropriate and time sensitive manner. I want to play good music with good players and I'm not going to be convinced to rehearse twice a week because "we have a possible gig in two weeks." No thank you. I'm not going to rush it this time. That's what got me burnt out last time.

So I placed an add in Craigslist locally, and I've gotten two replies so far. Tonight, on the way home from work, I'll post a flyer at the local music store about my avaiability. I picked up one of my basses last night and just started playing along with some tunes. Tonight I'll start doing some woodsheading with scales, arpegios and different finger exercises.

I'm looking forward to seeing you guys here again. I was pretty vocal here at talkbass for a few years, but haven't been visiting the last 18 months.

See you on the forums!

Bassmanbob