Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Coming to America!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rusty Chainsaw, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Right, I'm taking a week's break over in the States at the beginning of February and I'm looking for ideas for stuff to do while I'm there... :)

I'm arriving on the 2nd Feb, leaving on the 9th, and I'll be staying in Edison, New Jersey for the week (cheap, and easy to get the train into NYC from). Other than going to the Queensryche show in NYC on the 3rd, I don't have a lot planned... so if there's anyone in the area who fancies having a pint or eight with me, show me some decent guitar shops, rock clubs or anything else (I'm well up for a few games of bowling!) I'd be grateful! I shall, of course, be hoping to do all the good guitar shops in NYC, possibly pay Roger Sadowsky a visit, and do other bass-geekery-related stuff. I shall also be picking up my new Spector while I'm there... :D

So, any takers? :cool:

Russ :bassist:

2. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Damn I thought this was an Eddie Murphy thread.
    [​IMG]

3. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    :D :D

"What does dumb mean?"

I somehow doubt I'll be visiting Queens while I'm there unless there's a really good bass shop.... :cool:

4. read the rules!!!

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Sadowsky is located somewhere in NYC. Nino works there, you should send him a pm.

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I was about to post the same thing. Have fun.

brad cook

7. Sexual Chocolate!

8. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    You'll be staying in the same town as one of the best shops in New Jersey. I bought my Ken Smith and my Corvette there. I might not be able to join you as that weekend will be very busy, (Superbowl weekend after all), but I'll be more than happy to get you directions. If I think of anything else you should do in this great state of ours, I'll PM you. :)

9. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    I remember there being a Sam Ash a mile or two down the road, but I don't remember seeing a high-end bass shop when I was there last (that was 4 years ago though... :) ). Do you have details of the place?

10. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    I'd try and arrange some lessons with Matt Garrison and Mike Pope... although the chances of getting a free time slot probably aren't very good.

11. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    You got it. :)

New Jersey Guitar and Bass Center
    995 Amboy Ave.
    Edison, NJ 08837
    Phone: (732) 225-4444
    Fax: (732) 225-4404

Wednesday 11 to 6
    Thursday 11 to 6
    Friday 11 to 6
    Saturday 10 to 5
    Open Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
    and Evenings BY APPOINTMENT

12. Marley's Ghost

Marley's Ghost Gold Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2002
    Tampa, FL
    LMAO :D

Best phony band name ever!

13. odie

odie Supporting Member

Sincea few of you like throw the F bomb around, maybe you all can read the forum rules. Read it. :rolleyes:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61735

Because this forum is viewed by bassists of all ages, all posts must be suitable for viewing by young teens. All profanity must be completely covered with asterisks, or substituted with "@%$#" symbols. If you do not mask profanity in your posts, moderators reserve the right to delete the post. If what you have to say wouldn't be suited for network TV, don't post it here.

Please remember that we have members that are young and some that are older. Obscenity is not permitted. Do not attempt to mask the obscenity. It is not allowed. I cannot be more clear on this. Also, inappropriate topics, (usually topics involving sexual situations or violence), will be moderated very closely. This is a family site. Further, many people view this site from a job, and inappropriate content could be grounds for disciplinary measures at many offices. People come here expecting to have adult conversations about the bass.

14. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    OK, no more Eddie Murphy four-letter quotes, people, but I would like some more suggestions for places of interest to go... :D