1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Comissioning A Faux-Dera Build....

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by chris.gotfunk, Oct 18, 2010.

1. chris.gotfunk

chris.gotfunk

Mar 21, 2007
    Ashburn, Va
    Hey all... not sure if I can post this here and I apologize if this is not the place.

But, I would like to see if someone would be willing to build me a Fodera copy of an Imperial 5 string with ash body, maple neck/fretboard. If you are interested, please PM me with a rough cost. I will finish the build. I just want someone to build the body, neck, route for pups, control cavity, tuners... basically I will finish the instrument and install all hardware and elecs...

Peace,
    Chris

2. mikeyswood

mikeyswood Inactive

Jul 22, 2007
    Cincinnati OH
    Luthier of Michael Wayne Instruments
    You're best bet is to read the Who Are You thread and look at each builder's work to find someone that matches your goal and then PM them.

You may have more success with a design of your own rather than asking us to clone someone else's work with the intention of being cheaper.

3. Cosmo420

Cosmo420

Sep 10, 2010
    Roanoke, VA
    There are several people on here who make basses that look similar to the Imperial. If you are merely looking to save money and get a clone of an expensive bass, you may not have much luck. If you want a good bass that is the same style (but may not be a mirror image) you shouldn't have any problem finding someone to do it.

4. Stone Age

Stone Age

Apr 13, 2008
    Connecticut
    This sounds familiar for some reason.