Comment on my band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bgressman82, Jul 20, 2009.

1. bgressman82

bgressman82

Mar 5, 2009
    so, i joined this band 3 months ago, and we were pretty conventional rock. we fired the singer, and last week found a replacement. this week, we rewrote some songs to better fit the new singer, worked on a new idea that our guitarist came up with (painfully rough on the youtubes). we're trying out a new style for us, and i'm just looking for some feedback. that, and i know there are a few people around here curious as to what i do...

so, here's the link.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialAlykai#play/all/uploads-all/0/fXxv3fyIujc

2. lovesushi

lovesushi

Jun 13, 2009
    i liked it. it sounds pretty good

3. bgressman82

bgressman82

Mar 5, 2009
    thanks.

4. Disappear

Disappear

May 9, 2008
    Now before you read on, I want to emphasize that I am giving a critique. In no way am I trying to be offensive. Having said that, I'm going to critique your song 'Different'

I like the guitar into's handle, if you get my lingo there. I found the slide to be a bit tacky and you might want to revise it. It would sound cleaner and would show off techinicality by eliminating it and just hitting the two notes. Singer comes in now and I like her voice but the phrasing of the lyrics is really detached. Perhaps instead of singing the lyrics, she could sing a vowel sound and develop a feel for the phrasing and where to put emphasis? (that was a little trick I learned singing in choir XD) The song has a nice feel but I think it's a bit confused. The drummer seems to be playing mellowly and it has a juxtaposition with the guitarist who's playing that handle which is a more energetic. The chorus really brings the energy level down and I don't know if that's what you were going for. I like what the drummer does with the symbols to accent the chorus. What would really sound cool (and I don't know if this might have happened) is an off-beat/3vs2/4vs3 timing to pull some interest. I can't make out what the bass was doing and I apologize for that.

I can't think of anything more to say right now, I lack the proper level of caffeine.

5. bgressman82

bgressman82

Mar 5, 2009
    HA! i told jon not to do the slide. thanks for the input.

6. I aint a fan of the whole distorted-guitar-wall thing and am glad you guys avoided it! (Easy to happen with 2 guitars)

I liked it!