Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Comments and such for the pictures of the basses thread

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ikickuintheballs, Oct 20, 2000.

1. Since you guys just post pictures, here is where you can make your conversations about the basses.. especially JT's sickening 8-strings...

-Willz

2. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Or those yellow and black stripped basses...:D
    I'm gonna HAVE to get a picture of my white Westone with the red lightening bolt posted on here...:)

3. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Embellisher....That is one SWEET lookin' bass....:)

4. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks, Deynn!

I got a heck of a deal at Guitar Center, 42.5% off of list. I was gonna buy a Stingray 5, because I couldn't afford a Pedulla Rapture J2 5, and wound up getting the Rapture for $150.00 LESS than a Stingray. I felt like I won the lottery or something!

I wish I had a good digital camera, this picture does not do the true beauty of the bass justice!

I love it! Best bass I've ever owned.

:D:D:D

[Edited by embellisher on 10-21-2000 at 08:25 PM]

5. embellisher

Bruce, how much for that :cool: pre Gibson Tobias:cool:?;)

Man that thing is awesome! Does it play and sound as sweet as it looks?

6. Sorry you guys weren't able to see my sweet ass Fender MIA Precision ;). I don't know how to make the pics smaller so I guess the size is too big. Go to http://bassline14.homepage.com to see my AWESOMELY AMAZING FENDER P! hehe

7. Funkster, that is ONE SWEET 77 Jazz Bass. My Stingray is the exact same color. I hope to get some pics up soon! :)

8. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Stingray5 she play's just as good as she looks its a very nice playing bass nice skinny neck beutiful natural finish and it tops out at about 12 pounds so it's got some meat to it.
    As soon as I get my pics developed of my new Stinray I'll post em up. I got a killer deal on a 1998 Stingray 4 Vintage Cherry sunburst with a rosewood board for $689.00, what a funk machine.

[Edited by Funkster on 10-21-2000 at 10:58 PM]

9. That Ibanez custom sr 6000 is beautiful! can I borrow it for a few years? =D

-Willz

10. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Hey Spike nice P bass you got yourself how does she play?

11. Funkster,
    When I first saw it the action was adjusted very badly, plus old very heavy strings. It was almost unplayable. The guy I got it from was a friend and said I could borrow it for a few days and try my own set-up.
    Anyway, changed the strings to 40-100, lowered the saddles and tightened the truss rod (in two stages) nearly half a turn.
    The playability is now as good as I could hope for.

Tried it at a gig on Friday and loved it. A very powerful sound with lots of growl. Much better than my old '66 P bass I sold a couple of years ago that sounded lifeless.

Swapped it for an old Musicman HD 130 head my friend had wanted for years. Good deal, plus he seemed very happy.
    Very, very pleased with it.

Spike.

12. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I paid £1,700 from the Bass Centre in London - basses are a lot more expensive over here and I tried equivalent Sadowskys and Laklands at the same time which were well over £2,000 - I preferred the Tobias and it is awesome in terms of playability - the best bass I've ever tried in 20 years of looking, for this aspect. The sound is exactly what I was looking for, but this is of course subjective.

13. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Nice Sadowsky Michaeln! I bet it play's like a monster.

14. Thanks. I love it, but it's a LOT better than I am. ;-)

15. Mike, you look exactly the way I thought you would, given your posts here and on alt.guitar.bass...*grin*

But seriously, that Sadowsky is pretty nice-looking. I doubt it's really my bag, though, since I'm on a Stingray kick right now. Maybe when I, too, am 50...damn, that's 32 years down the road...

16. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Hey...The_Bass....That white bass looks like a Moridera Hurricane bass...:D

17. embellisher

Damn, steamboat, the figuring on the neck of that Stingray is WILD! Is that birdseye? It looks like melted birdseye mixed with a darker wood in those pictures.

Gorgeous 'ray, BTW!

18. Thanks :)

Yea, there's some really weird dark birdseye maple going on back there.. I love it.

19. Ok guys, I can't tell, did my picture work or not?

20. embellisher

Bassline, it didn't work. I went to the url you used in your post and got the following error message from Photopoint: Sorry, the photo you're looking for is not in this album. The album owner
    may have moved or deleted the photo. Please check with the owner to
    verify that you have the correct url and try again.

You may want to go to their page and try it again.