Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

comments on my death metal band?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Peccavi, Aug 8, 2004.

1. Peccavi

Peccavi

Dec 24, 2003
    Jonas, pa
    ok my band is about to record a full lenth and i was just wondering you guys think about are demo tracks. so check them out and let me know what you think.

http://www.theninthplague.com/media.html

also we might record the full lenth at the same place so let me know what you think about the recording but note it's not mixed down. it was recorded by roger of mortician at primitive studios.

thanks
    MO

2. I just listened to The Exaltation and I think it rocks! I think you guys are really 'tight' as a band.
    I am now listening to "Obey The Lie". I like...

Keep it up guys!

(Gonna listen to "Pain in pill-form" in a minute[cool song name])

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    -that was ******* great. good job! Note to everyone, see, you don't have to bury the bass. I dig the old slayer-esque style guitar fills in The Exaltation.

4. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Holy crap. I heard of you long before I knew you were the 9th Plague dude.

Y'all rock.

(I = inebriated)

5. Sounds pretty good. I see no reason you shouldn't record at the same place at all.

It's good to see that death is not dead :D

Good Luck :)

6. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Atlanta
    Solid stuff. Sounds quite a bit different from the older stuff.
    Stick with Mortician \m/ :bassist: \m/

7. Peccavi

Peccavi

Dec 24, 2003
    Jonas, pa
    thanks guys. pain in pill form is are past, all of the new sh*t is like the exaltation and obey the lie. were in discussion with a record label so if all goes well we will have a record out early next year. i will put up more tracks then so you guys can tear them apart. hopefully we will get more good comments about them.

thanks,
    MO

8. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    I like it, It reminds me of a band, I just cant think of it right now. I like some of the double bass drum on 'Obey the Lie', and some of the changes are very driving. Good luck on that record deal.

9. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    Germany
    nice, tight. i like the instrument balances and the guitar mayhem. soundwise, it's a bit harsh, but that could be the mp3. i don't really like the drum sound.

all in all - cool!

10. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yes actually:

Don't stand so close to the pyrotechnics:

[​IMG]

Beer good, fire bad!

... uhm, I don't have a soundcard on this computer. I'm just trying to keep up with my 49 posts an hour.

11. Peccavi

Peccavi

Dec 24, 2003
    Jonas, pa
    haha well that isn't me actually i am the new bass player. he left so he can play a lighter style of music.

12. Metal Mitch

Metal Mitch

Jul 14, 2003
    NJ
    Not bad. Very clean sounding rough mix.

The guitar track to the right has a good sound. Sounds like the guitarist panned to the left has cheap equipment... I like a deeper snare sound, but that snare sound will cut through a mix.

Roger is way cool and knows what he's doing. Definitely record there again. And if you hang around his place long enough you'll get to hear some of his dozen-or-so solo side projects... Primitive Brutality is wicked excellent, also check out "Prosthetic C*nt".

13. Peccavi

Peccavi

Dec 24, 2003
    Jonas, pa
    actaully my drummer works for roger. he runs the ordering part of his label. but as for as equipment goes they used the same amp and settings but shawn used a peavey wolfgang and kev used a prs. aslo my drummer played rogers kit so everything was recorded fast. it's good fro whatb it is a demo next time we will be in the studio for 2 weeks and not a day.

MO

14. I think the bass could use a little bit of distortion to it. But not so much that the notes become inaudible. Kind of like Mastodon bass distortion.

And perhaps tweak the bass drum(s) a little bit, they just don't sound quite right...