Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Comments on my proposed PC setup, anyone?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Mr.Nimrod, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Mr.Nimrod

Mr.Nimrod

Jul 23, 2000
    Syracuse, NY
    OK, I'm new to home recording, but here is the gear I am planning to get. If there are any vital pieces of equipment I'm missing, or if you have any suggestions, let me know! But keep in mine that I have a very tight budget =). I'll prolly go used with most stuff.

Bass- fender american p-bass/SABDDI

Guitar- ibanez gio/POD

PC- not sure of the exact specs, but it's pretty powerful.....around 1.1ghz.

Soundcard- mine sucks....i think i'm gonna get either the Delta 44 or the Audiophile 2496

Mixer- any suggestions?? something cheap. probably used.

Mics- as of now, i'll just borrow my friend's when I'm gonna do vocals. its a really nice condenser recording mic. also, our drummer has his own set of drum mics

Software- cool edit pro

ok, any suggestions? i'm not looking for anything too fancy....just wanna make some decent recordings of my band (pop/punk with 2 guitars, keys, bass, drums, vocals).

thanks a lot!
    -dan c

2. submelodic

submelodic

Feb 7, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    One thing to consider is how many tracks you will need to record simultaneously. With the Delta-44 you could do up to 4, but with the Audiophile 2496 you would only be able to record 2 tracks simultaneously.

As far as relatively inexpensive mixers, I would recommend you look into the smaller models from Mackie.

3. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    well for soundcards it is all on how many tracks you want to record sim., but with a mixer that could solve some of that problem. As far as mixers I noticed that you said used...so definantly check out Ebay, and mackies are pretty standered sometimes. I noticed you want to record some keys, the Audiophilie has midi suppoer, does the delta 44? so that could help. Well, good luck