Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Comments on this amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pdusen, Aug 18, 2004.

1. pdusen

pdusen

Aug 18, 2004
    I'm in a practicing band getting ready for small-time gigging, and I went out to find a nice, loud combo amp that would probably last me a long time. My ideal choice, after some looking, seems to be the Fender Rumble 100 Combo, seen on musician's friend here. The reviews are good and I like the idea of that much wattage. Also, I read somewhere that it had a preamp-out jack, which means I could plug it directly into my computer to record it without blowing my sound card. And I hear those LED lights on the bottom pulsate with bottom end notes (very aesthetically pleasing, though certainly not enough to rate an amp by. ;) )

So I guess what I really wanna know is how you guys would rate this amp, and if there's anything you think would be a bettr purchase?

2. if your getting ready to do small gigs the rumble should be a good amp for you, when fender bought SWR they stole all teh technology from SWR so that fender has the SWR technology! it is pretty loud if you want a diffenrent amp i would get the yorkville xm200t or xm200. those are 200 watts and should be louder