Commercial User Policy Updated

Discussion in ' News & Announcements' started by paul, Feb 1, 2005.

1. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    I believe I made a mistake and took things a bit too far with regards to the banning of links in sigs for commercial users. This realization came as the result of a lot of member feedback, and me taking some time to visit other large community sites, nearly all of which allow the use of a simple unformatted commercial link in the signature. I think as long as we have solid guidelines in place for commercial user participation, we can afford these users the ability to put up a link (there are some restrictions - check the policy please). Heck, when it comes down to it we're just saving the TB member a few seconds of google search time :)

I've also reworded the policy a bit with regards to forum participation guidelines. There is no change in policy, but I hope this wording makes it more clear (many commercial users are still under the impression that they cannot speak of their product at all, which is not the case).

To view the current guidelines, click the "Rules and FAQ" link in the header.