Commercials with good to great grooves

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cassanova, Dec 18, 2003.

1. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    I like the Earthlink commercial. I think its got a pretty good groove on that one.
  2. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I like the guitar on the Boeing commercial. Usually on at newstime.
  3. tboyd

Sep 10, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    I like the groove in the Dodge commercials.
  4. Sharp

Jan 27, 2002
    Artists Relations, KMI
    that one where there's a lady with groceries in the parkinglot and it starts to rain in slowmotion so she runs to her car and opens the doors automatically to get out of the rain real fast. I think the song's by St. Germaine. they've got some serious groove.
  5. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I think I know what you're talking about.
    Is it a fretless "bass"...'cause it's played so clean it it may be synthesized.
    It is a nice little groove.
  6. dwjazz54

Jan 21, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ
    How about the Lincoln commercial(s) for the SUV? Kinda an acoustic jazz thing that then gets electronic and groovy. I get that song stuck in my head.
  7. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    The New Lancer commercial has the instrumental "positive contact' from DELTRON 3030

that's a great groove :p
  8. Titan Auto Insurance has a pretty sweet groove. That, and just about any cheap shoe store commercial.
  9. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    Mitsubishi's ad campaign's are known for the music they use. If you took all the music from their car commercials in the last couple of years you would have a pretty good playlist. My favorites are Dirty Vegas and TELEPOPMUSIK.
  10. Long time ago, there was a Yahoo! commercial with a really cool slap bass groove.
  11. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    Thank you for starting this thread. I was going to start one but I kept on forgeting. (Even though it should probably be in recordings).

I think there's one for a Norelco electric shaver, with the song, "Girl, I want to be with You" with a kickin' slap bass line.

I have more, I'll get back to you guys later, but I gotta run.