1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Common Moves of the Bass Player

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by SpectorBass308, Mar 6, 2008.

1. Siegy

Siegy

Jun 28, 2007
    Central Neb.
    The "turn and talk to the drummer" haha that's my favorite move!

2. GabeN

GabeN

Feb 27, 2006
    Chugiak, AK
    The "please can we play a song I wrote" never works. Those damn guitarists always go 'dude, it's just not our style' when there's more than 5 notes in the bass line.

3. BackwaterBass

BackwaterBass

Feb 18, 2008
    Kentucky
    Anybody else notice he's using a 6-string in those pics? I know there are 6 string basses, but it seems like it would be more appropriate to use a 4 in the joke... anyway, it is funny :)

4. I actually posted on their website about the 6 string...the image their illustrator used had a 6 string in it...so they knew what they were doing...other than that its a funny article

5. the "wait outside the motel 6 room"....hahaa

6. MurvintheWalrus

MurvintheWalrus

Sep 21, 2007
    the whoa did you see me change registers!i do that every time in my solo on steal my kisses with my jam band and after they saw this article, they laugh every time.

7. PunkRocker33133

PunkRocker33133 Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Northern VA
    Oh wow.... I do all of these except for get food.... I make the drummer get us food.

8. Etbass

Etbass

Apr 26, 2007
    Cooranbong, NSW
    Hahaha sigh.
    That hurts just a little.

Janice Dream will never really get out. Except on bass solo albums, and only we will listen to that. Sigh.

9. mothmonsterman

mothmonsterman

Feb 8, 2006
    What?
    No taking part in a band discussion and having comments completely ignored by the rest of tha band?

10. The 'Whoa, Did You Just See Me Slide Up the Fretboard?

That one made me LOL!

11. My best move is to the bar for pint of Fat Tire.

12. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    +1!

13. Inflin

Inflin

Apr 30, 2007
    Newcastle, UK/Currently London
    Affiliated with Genelec, Avalon Design.
    I do all of those bar get food, and I no longer wait outside for the drummer, cause he stupidly brings his girlfriend on tour, so no action for him.....

And I really do talk about side projects with him onstage!!

14. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    When I talk to the drummer it's usually to arrange to drop into the most screwed-up version we can conjure of whatever it is we're supposed to be playing, to mess up whoever's soloing.

15. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    +1000!!! LOL

16. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    Dude...RULE #1...no girlfriends on tour...:rollno:

17. BegBass

BegBass

Nov 3, 2007
    Los Angeles
    can anyone paste the actual article please? School network listed it as "adult" =/

18. scottmabe

scottmabe

Mar 29, 2008
    Memphis Tn
    When I lean back and talk to the drummer, we talk about all kinds of things...World Politics, Car stuff, Philosophy......and the Big Ones
    jumping around in the front row....:eek:

19. I do this every couple of songs. I'm going to need to show this to my band, lol.