1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Common Rider - Last Wave Rockers

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by FunkSlap89, Mar 26, 2006.

1. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I don't know if anyone has this album, but it truly is a masterpiece. I believe its the singer from operation ivy. Anyway, the only way I can describe it is a combination of Operation Ivy, Sublime, and Cake. Check them out if you've never heard them. They are quite great!:hyper:

2. Ahh, Common Rider, I listened to that album almost everyday in high school. Haven't listened to it in a while though, maybe it's time to pull it out again. Only heard a couple of tracks off of Unity Music, and thought it was alright, but this is definitely where it was at. It may be white-boy reggae, but it's still pretty top-notch.

3. paulodumb

paulodumb

Jan 16, 2006
    ypsilanti, mi
    Yeah, that's Jesse from Op Ivy. Great band. I heard they broke up so he could go back to being a monk. It's a shame, 'cause I didn't hear of them until after they broke up. I woulda like to see them.
    I really love in Conscious Burning when he sings "We say stand together!" That's a line from Take Warning, one of my all time favorite Op Ivy tunes.