1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Compact 15" cab

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by tornadobass, Sep 27, 2003.

1. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    If you're looking for a compact 15" cab that can handle the power, sounds good, and doesn't cost much, this one could be just the ticket!

I built this little cab from 3/4" plywood a few years ago, based on the measurements from a Carvin PB-150 combo. It has the same speaker the combo was designed for, so there's no problem with a speaker/cab mismatch. Some details:

* Speaker is Carvin's PS15 speaker, rated at 400 watts. It's an 8 ohm model. These go new for $79.99 at Carvin.

* Heavy duty speaker grill, mounted with sturdy brackets and t-nuts.

* Painted with durable flat black paint. No carpet to fray or attract dog hair.

* Sturdy plastic corners like on most of the name brand cabs.

* Measures 19" high, 17" wide, 12" deep.

* Rear slot port.

* Weighs about 35 lbs., so it's easy to carry with the top strap handle.

This cab doesn't get used anymore, so I'm letting it go cheap...just $75 + shipping. Shipping shouldn't be too much given the small size and weight of this cab.

Here's a couple of pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    How many ohms is the cab? i have a friend who could possibly be very intersted.

3. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    Oh, forgot to mention that...it's 8 ohms.