Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Compact 15" cab

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by tornadobass, Sep 27, 2003.

1. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    If you're looking for a compact 15" cab that can handle the power, sounds good, and doesn't cost much, this one could be just the ticket!

I built this little cab from 3/4" plywood a few years ago, based on the measurements from a Carvin PB-150 combo. It has the same speaker the combo was designed for, so there's no problem with a speaker/cab mismatch. Some details:

* Speaker is Carvin's PS15 speaker, rated at 400 watts. It's an 8 ohm model. These go new for $79.99 at Carvin.

* Heavy duty speaker grill, mounted with sturdy brackets and t-nuts.

* Painted with durable flat black paint. No carpet to fray or attract dog hair.

* Sturdy plastic corners like on most of the name brand cabs.

* Measures 19" high, 17" wide, 12" deep.

* Rear slot port.

* Weighs about 35 lbs., so it's easy to carry with the top strap handle.

This cab doesn't get used anymore, so I'm letting it go cheap...just $75 + shipping. Shipping shouldn't be too much given the small size and weight of this cab.

Here's a couple of pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Scott D

Scott D

Apr 21, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    How many ohms is the cab? i have a friend who could possibly be very intersted.

3. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    Oh, forgot to mention that...it's 8 ohms.