Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

compact 15"s and 2x15"

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Mar 14, 2005.

1. well im goin to using nothing but 15"s.......except for the possibilty of going to acme....but who makes compact 15" cabinets..the ampeg

the ampeg svt15e looks rather small

2. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I recently picked up a Bergantino HT115, and this is by far the best sounding 1x15 I have heard. It is also very compact (much smaller than I had expected), and is the same size as their HT210. These cabs were recently discontinued, but you may still find a few new ones out there. This is not a cab that often comes up for sale used, though!

On a more affordable front, I have a Dr. Bass 1x15 that is very compact and quite impressive for its size/price. Low Down Sound also makes a great 1x15.

3. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Ashdown do a Mini15 - 8 ohms 300 watts...and it's about 19kgs!

4. bag end looks sexy...perfect power ratings....200w @ 8 ohm
    [​IMG]
    the 2x15"s obviously :D

5. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2005
    Philadelphia
    GK Neo115 is pretty compact and light as well. Think it handles 300 watts. Don't know how it sounds, but I love my Neo112.

6. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    If it was my choice and if I had the money I´d buy this:
    [​IMG]

GAS! :eek:

7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    ;)

8. Th9nker

Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    Yep, I haven't had mine for long, but so far I am loving it... I use it with an ABM 500 Evo II and a mini 4x8 usually, but I take it to practice a lot on it's own...

I love being able to tote the head with one hand and the cab with the other... Awesome....

Plus, it is one "Classy" looking cab!

9. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    If you were Stateside, I'd suggest looking for a pair of the original Compact 15 by Avatar...

The Mesa 1x15 is bassed (IIRC) on an EV TL606 design which is barely big enough for a 15. The TL-606 is easy to build if you're so inclined.

Bag end has been mentioned.

10. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    When I first read the Berg HT115 was discontinued I immediately called the dealers til I found one in stock and that evening another popped up on bassgear. so now I have 2. The new one arrived today and it is KILLER!! Much different animal than my HT112's. Having grown up in the '70's I love the sound of a good 15 and the Berg is all that!

11. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I was just jamming through mine over lunch. That HT115 is a bit of a hidden classic, IMHO. What a great cab!

Tom.

12. Aram

Aram

Feb 2, 2003
    New York, NY
    Oh NICE -- when you can, pls post some thoughts on how the two sound together... What are you driving them with?

EDIT: in an effort not to completely hijack this thread, I also recommend the HT115 as a 15" cab...in addition to its compactness, it's just a phenomenal sounding cabinet.

13. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    I'm using a Walter Woods Ultra! :)

14. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I've been playing mine with mostly the WWU, too. Man, that is a great combo! I am shocked at how deep that cab sounds, given its compact dimensions. It sounds really good on its end with an HT112 on top, too!

Tom.

15. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
    Actually I have a few WW amps and the best sounding one is the Green Light Hi Power. It really sounds great with the HT115. More open sounding and not compressed like the Ultra can be. The Green Light is my favorite!! :)

16. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Bag End! :)