Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Compact 2x10 & 1x12 Shipped to Singapore

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Soulbanana, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Soulbanana

Soulbanana

May 7, 2004
    Singapore
    I'm not sure if this should be here or in classifieds because it's both an enquiry as well as a "wanted" ad.

Let me first outline the scenario here. I'm currently residing in Perth but going back to Singapore for 2 months (December 2004 - February 2005) to visit my parents. I'm looking to pick up two lightweight, compact cabs and check them in with my luggage back to Perth in February 2005. This will allow me to bypass the steep import taxes and GST which I will incur shipping straight into Perth.

Seeing the good reviews on Avatar cabs, I am interested in getting the B210 & SB112 but am aware that they do not ship internationally. If anybody is selling them used here on TalkBass I would be most interested.

What other cost and size-efficient alternatives would there be? Both boxes must be small enough to be put seperately in boxes and checked in as luggage.

I was also looking at an Aguilar S210 & GS112 combination.

I've also seen used Ampeg 2x10s and Ashdown 2x10s on Bass Northwest.

What opinions are there on this? (Cab choices and shipping)

I'm looking to buy used, as I'm on a budget. Equipment is ridiculously expensive here in Perth.

Thanks in advance!

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
  3. If anybody is selling them used here on TalkBass I would be most interested.

I've also seen used Ampeg 2x10s and Ashdown 2x10s on Bass Northwest.

What opinions are there on this? (Cab choices and shipping)

I'm looking to buy used, as I'm on a budget. Equipment is ridiculously expensive here in Perth.

Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Bassnorthwest is a fine store. I know everything in Oz is expensive, but I would expat in a second if I could practice my profession there. But Perth is too isolated. I'll take sydney.

Anyway, get price quotes from bassnorthwest and get somebody to match them.

Alan at www.crescentcitymusic.biz is authorized for Ashdown, Eden, Ampeg and SWR.

You should get a powerhouse 210 combo with a tube front end.

SWR Redhead or the Eden Metro or the Ashdowm ABM series. All are fine amps but I think the Eden or ashdown would be your best bet. You may even be able to get the Eden prewired for Singapore voltage (with chewing gum smuggled inside).

Alan is a getting killed by the big stores and will deal with you(like selling at 65-70% of retail and no taxes, VAT or duties. Those are your responsibility and the penalty in Singapore is probably death.

Best of luck.

4. Soulbanana

Soulbanana

May 7, 2004
    Singapore
    I'm not sure about getting a combo, though I've tried the Eden Metro here in Perth with my Warmoth and its really nice.

Still, I'd rather go with just shipping 2 cabs over then doing my own Pre-Power configuration in Singapore.

Still interested in the Avatars, Aguilar, or Eden 112.

As for chewing gum, I can't chew gum!! Why? Years of Mentos chewing have conditioned me to swallow after chewing, often with dire consequences where gum is concerned.