Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Compact 4ohm 15" cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by berklee46, Apr 2, 2003.

1. berklee46

berklee46 Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2000
    MA
    I'm thinking of adding a compact 12" (or 15) cab to use for smaller gigs where only one cab is needed, but I'd like to use as much power from my Walter Woods amp as possible, so I'm looking for a 4 ohm cab.
    I'm also looking for as compact a cab as possible.

I may end up with another Flite cab, but would appreciate suggestions before I make my decision.

Any suggestions?

2. goran

goran

Dec 17, 2002
    Croatia
    Endorsing Artist: Bartolini
    There aren't much 15"s available in 4ohm version. I took a lot of research and finally I bought Peavey BVX 115-they offer it in either 4 or 8 ohm versions. It doesn't have tweeter, but it goes very high for a 15" driver. Freq. response is 30hz÷3.5kHz.

3. Nightbass

Nightbass

May 1, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    You should rather look for a cab with the highest sensitivity. A 8-ohm cab with 103dB sens. will be as loud with your Woods as a 4-ohm cab with 100dB sens.

And if you were to compare the same cab in 4 and 8 ohms, you'd notice that the 4 ohm cab was barely louder. So it's just not worth worrying about, for a single cab.

Nightbass