Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Compact stereo combo amp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Black 'n Tan, May 11, 2005.

1. I'm thinking of killing two birds with one stone. I need a compact combo amp for practice but I also play keyboards. Are there any good sounding combo amps in stereo that have a "matching" type extension cabinet that would work for stereo keyboard playing (when not using it as a bass practice amp)?

2. uhh ... maybe what I need is two identical mono combos ??

3. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

You could get an "airhead" cab from a number of different sources, rack a compact stereo amp and preamp, or a stereo head in the top, and use a second cab when you want the stereo spread. ;) I actually thought about doing something like that with EA CxL-112 cabs, since they sound great for guitar synth as well as bass. I just can't convince myself that a combo offers any real benefit, for me.

4. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Carvin sells the KB1000 amp series for keyboards. Basically it's the R1000 bass head with a mixer built in. In addition to the head there are two combo versions, the KB1010 which is 2-10" plus horn in a tilt back box and the KB1015 which has 1-15, 2-8 and a horn set up for biamping. The amp can be run in stereo by adding an extra cabinet.

http://www.carvin.com/products/group.php?CID=KBA

5. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

[​IMG] It's a keyboard amp but can be used as a bass amp. Not much in the wattage area. Another option would be to buy a small 4 channel mixer to connect to your existing amp/amps.