1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Comparable Cabinets To An Ampeg SVT-410HLF

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xray, Apr 26, 2010.

1. xray

xray

Feb 15, 2009
    Kona, HI
    I have an Ampeg 410HLF cabinet that I picked up to use with my SVT-CL. I love the cabinet, however, my wife doesn't. I've tried to hide it long enough to no avail; it's about 3" to deep to fit where I need to store it when I'm done playing. I should have picked up a 410HE but just could pass up the deal I got on this cabinet. I basically want a cabinet that's similar in tone, doesn't have to be as bassey as the HLF and needs to be 16" or less deep. And 4 (FOUR) ohms.

I told her to give me two weeks to get rid of it so to shorten my search where should I start? Are the neo's there yet as far as tone and durability? I'm in the LA area quite often so a trade-in may be acceptable but I don't know many shops that do that.

2. xjeremiahx

xjeremiahx

Apr 19, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    No longer a slave to GC.
    gk neo 4x10. same concept - front-ported 4x10 cab. little smaller(i think). lighter
    and sounds good as hell.

3. You tried to hide it from your wife?

It's a shame she won't let you keep it:(

4. xray

xray

Feb 15, 2009
    Kona, HI
    I didn't try and hide it! How do you hide a box that big!!! I put flowers and a lamp on it and she recognized it!:smug:

Just need to go a tad smaller. What about the Aguilar GS or DBs - how do they compare?

5. I recently picked up a Genz Benz Uber 410-4 (4 ohms) which is rated at 1,000 watts, sounds wonderful, and is a little smaller than the Ampeg HLF.

6. Tim C.

Tim C.

Feb 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Why is this?

7. lame

8. He has to since his amp head is an SVT-CL which only goes 4 ohms or 2 ohms.

9. xray

xray

Feb 15, 2009
    Kona, HI
    You waste your time reading a post and respond with "lame". Now I know why I left my family in Indy! I'd call what you just did "lame".

My ClL is 4 ohms so I'm looking for a 4 ohm cab. Seriously looking at he GB line up. They definitely fit my footprint and I've read a lot of good stuff about them.

Seriously, she'd let me keep it if I wanted to, after all she let me buy i!!.....I just don't like the ported cab design and the lack of low end clarity. And the fact that it's 19" instead of 16" deep.

10. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Sweetwater Sound-Sales
    Ok, so it sounds like you don't want a cab that is like the HLF after all. Bergantino HS410. Go!