1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Comparable replacement for Tech 21 bass boost chorus?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chest Rockwell, Jan 12, 2018.

1. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell

Jan 8, 2005
    After auditioning many videos and shootouts I really wanted this pedal but it appears to be discontinued. Anyone know of a comparable replacement?

2. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell

Jan 8, 2005
    Bump

3. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    You can try the Source Audio Gemini. It's has a lot of editing options and you can access to diferent patches through the Neuro app.

4. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    I'm using the Boss MD-500 and it's a killer unit.

5. Dave W

Dave W

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I'm sure you can find one used pretty easily.

mattbass6945 likes this.
  6. Chest Rockwell

Chest Rockwell

Jan 8, 2005
    Thanks guys!

7. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    Not to easily... recently I was looking as I was convinced I should had bought it years ago... Finally found a used one in Japan.

8. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    John K Custom Basses
  9. Bassist30

Bassist30 Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2004
    NEW YORK
    I emailed Tech 21 and they said hey are going to put a detuned knob on the flyrig. But they also said there isn't at this time of making a stand alone bass chorus... So these are going up as I have seen.... To think at one time the Akai bass synth pedal was 100 dollars. Not saying this tech bass chorus is anything like it in comparison, but its a very good chorus that cuts through as many seem to lose itself in a band situation.

10. Shadowkast

Shadowkast

Aug 20, 2016
    The Dreadfort
    This pedal is a masterpiece and I've yet to hear a chorus better suited for bass. I generally prefer stereo chorus for my instruments but the Tech 21 BB Chorus has a special sauce on bass that I love.

Source Audio Gemini and Iron Ether Polytope are fantastic on bass as well, but are very different pedals.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Susqmike likes this.
  11. jw23mind

jw23mind

Jan 16, 2017
    Reading MA
    I really liked the detune function on the Tech 21, but was frustrated by the full-frequency aspect of it, whereby the bass was made flabby by the pitch-shifting. The EHX Bass Clone solved this problem for me with its crossover, although I do wish it could do straight up detune (no modulation).

stambroker likes this.
  12. stambroker

stambroker

Aug 12, 2011
    NoVA
    Exactly how I feel - I think there were aspects of the Tech21 BBC that I prefer, but my Bass Clone works waaaay better for my purposes in the mix.

13. I wish more chorus included crossover... still stick to my ceb3 even though I know there are better ones out there but having always on with crossover is so much better than tap dancing.