Compare Swr goliath 210 to ul112, gs112, ul110 etc.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bothroysnvts, Dec 13, 2005.

1. This weekend I took my jazz bass, bass 750 and 210 to my punk rock band practice, and eq'd right (boost at 200hz everything set flat enhance off) it sounded good, but a little lacking on the bottom end, and almost loud enough.

I did a search and only found comparisons between 112's and I was wondering if anyone could compare power handling, tone, and how loud these cabinets get to an SWR goliath jr. III. (which is what I currently have)
    I will probably add a cabinet for now, then another at a later date. I don't know if I want a GS112, ul112 or ul110, and will be ordering it online, so I am hoping to get pointed in the right direction.
    Thanks in advance!
  2. cb56

Jul 2, 2000
    Central Illinois
    I owned a couple of Goliath Jr II's and they were great sounding cabs. Unfortunately they couldn't handle a low B at loud volumes at all. I switched to Aguilar GS112's and have never looked back. They handle the low B at loud volumes easily.
  3. What kinds of music do you play?
  4. Dr. PhunkyPants

Dr. PhunkyPants Guest

Aug 11, 2002

5. Really fast distorted oom-pa music? :eek:
  6. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    if we're talking about the recent SWR goliath cabs that WERE NOT built/developed by dave nordschow, then its no contest, the Epifani UL's will pulverize them.

fast, much thicker in the midrange, yet w/ a low B / bottom end that pleases even my Acme-fied ears.

the GS112's are terrific cabs, too, that are very loud and thick sounding, but you'll miss the punch and quick cutting attack of the 10" speakers.

save up your pennies, and you'll never look back once you've gone Epifani.
  7. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The Joker is no joke. I had an SWR 210 jr. The Epi 112UL
    smoked it in every respect. Volume, lows, eveness of tone
    across the spectrum, and the Epi horn is not as harsh as
    the SWR.
  8. Would you say the 112ul is as loud or louder than the goliath jr III? as punchy?
  9. I played a Wt800b through a goliath III (which I also own) and that was amazing, but heavy. My goal is to replace my speakers with 2 ul112's 2 ul110's and a WT800b. If the ul112 is as loud, but deeper than my goliath jr III, then my choice is set.
  10. deafness

Oct 14, 2005
    I think you should try EBS Neo 1x12 or 2x12!Nice stuff

11. +1 Same on the Goliath Jr. III"s.... one of the weakest sounding 210's I've ever played out of regarding volume and bottom. If you like that sound, the GoliathIII (the full410) sounds great and has plenty of oomph. You might try the Schroeder cabs also.

12. The Goliath III 410 sounded great with an eden WT800B. It is just a lot to carry and takes up a lot of space. (our band shares practice space, so we have to set up and take down each practice.)
  13. Anybody know if 2 ul110's would be as loud as a goliath jr III?