1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Compare these two Ibbys

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vic Winters, Jul 27, 2007.

1. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Western NY
    I'm looking at both the ATK300 and RD500, which do you like better and why?

2. I like them both...

ATK...agressive...stingray like...great for slap and pop...great for punk pickstyle...

RD500...versatile...can get the old school sounds and do some modern stuff too...

If I were given one...I'd like an ATK...

If I had to buy one...I'd go RD500...

3. Standalone

Standalone

Jan 17, 2005
    New Haven
    Go with your dreams. I think that the looks of the ATK are classic, and the sound is straight rock. I play too much of a variety of music to have fallen in love with it (though I *really* wanted to). The little tone switch just didn't seem to vary the tone quite enough for me.

Get the Ash or the 'Burst. Just classic, classic, classic. You'll look at home on any stage.

It's funny, I didn't get an aggressive sound out of the ATK, even though it looks all aggro. Could have been a problem with the wiring, or the amp. I will have to try one again.

I think the RD is modelled after my beloved '81 Roadster, but something about the proportions of it look odd-- I think the cutaway is too low and it winds up looking lopsided. The sound is a little dim in my memory since I played it some time ago, so I won't really comment.

Try several of the SR650's and 590's. I was knocked out by these. They have a great grindy tone with the booty and snappy highs. I guess they're aimed at metal players and slappers, but they'll be more versatile than the ATK.