Comparing Acme B2 and Accugroove Tri112L

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by thiessen3.14, Aug 12, 2005.

1. thiessen3.14

thiessen3.14 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2002
    wichita, ks
    Hello all,
    I use an aguilar db359 head into a acme low b2. I was just wondering how the overall volume would compare if I used a tri112L instead. Also, how about low end projection? Thanks.
  2. I'm guessing that the Tri 112 is naturally going to be louder than the Acme B2 when set at the same volume level, but that's all I can say.
  3. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    when i had the Tri112, it didnt really seem that much louder than my ol' B2. the B2 was actually punchier with a bigger low end, tho a tad heavier. still, the Tri's a great cab, and my DB359 clung to that sucker like velcro. with the 359, the Tri actually sounded waaay nicer to my ears, but under gigging conditions that sorta went out the window.

if you need more volume in a smaller package, i'd go with an Euphonic Audio NL210, or an Epifani UL210. those two are by far the loudest little cabs i've ever used/tried/owned. then of course, there's the Schroeder 1210, which many tout as super loud in a smaller package.
  4. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In

+1 for the epifani and another +1 for the schroeder.

Great cabs the epifani UL kicks major taint, epifani also has a 610 that weighs 86 pounds.

The schroeder is also a good one probably less $$ then the epifani but still a great buy.

Friggin sweet!