Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Comparing amps to cars SVT=F-150, etc...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by origami, Dec 14, 2005.

1. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    Hi,

I'm sure this has been done before, but i need a lighthearted topic to counter all my nasty finals I've been taking this week. I took my history today, my math yesterday and my physics the day before.. ouch :crying:

Let's see:

comparing amps to cars:
    like:

SVT = Ford 150, etc....compare your favs, hand out the yugo, pinto, gremlin to the losers.

off you go.....

2. Mesa Bass 400 = Mack R600 Coolpower...you know, the one Mad Max drove....

3. Eden WT-330 = Acura Integra Impresses the young people, older ones just wonder why I didn't get something bigger for all that money.

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    bag end s15 = compact station wagon.

absolutely no sex appeal and gets laughs - until it's time to park in a small space or pick up the groceries. It fits where ever you need it to, and it can deliver the goods. :p

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Ampeg SVT - El Camino - Big, mostly useless, but does one thing good... looks cool ;)

6. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    Sunn 200s is like a Volkswagon Minibus (hippie bus) - A little short on power, and it smells of booze, weed, and other illicit substances, but is undeniably cool and can be found cheap as dung used. :cool:

7. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY

Does that make the 400+ the last of the V8 Interceptors?

8. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    I LOVED my El Camino (Royal Knight package). Hawt looking, just like an SVT. Got the job done, just like an SVT. Reliable, just like an SVT. Well, I did have to rebuild the Turbo Hydramatic twice, so that's just like retubing the amp right?!?!? And the floor on the passenger side rusted out and the carpet fell down onto the catalytic converter and caught on fire and....

LOVED my El Camino!!!!
    :hyper: :bawl: :hyper: :bawl:

9. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Great cars. Mine keeps trying to commit suicide in the snow. I love it.

10. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    Tuck a couple of sandbags back by the tailgate. It won't keep the back end from breaking loose, it'll just slow it down so you can enjoy the World Rally Championship feeling a little longer. :eek:

11. +1 on the WRC

btw What would be considered the Dirtiest, gear banging, hauls @$$ amp out there. aka the "WRC Amp" of choice, lol

my edit: i would consider the Mesa WalkAbout the "Lotus Elise" of amps light weight, extremely portable, yet tons of power and thrills in that package.

12. Zero Cool

Zero Cool

Mar 20, 2005
    SWR SM-900 = Porsche 996, Sweet, Smooth, lots of power, handles well in the curves, but can be a bit finicky if beat on or handled roughly.

Hartke HA4000 = Mitsuibishi eclipse. a lot of bang for the buck but not the best built.

Ampeg V-4 = 64 Malibu, big, square, boxey, no AC, No power brakes, manual roll up windows, No Power steering. 327 cu engine with just enough power to sound cool. Bench seat with the spring that pokes ya in the butt! But still a cool old car!

13. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Hm, Mesa 400+=Hmm this one is tough. Maybe the Ford GT (new)? Modern, yet with a vintagey vibe and plenty of power.
    I would have to say that the SVT=(old) GTO. Pure muscle and huge sounding. Or maybe a Stang; a true American classic.
    Eden Nav with biggest QSC poweramp=McLaren F1. Definately very fast and has tons of power; even if it lacks a tad in the vintage vibe.
    Ashdown EVO=Jaguar. Definately British. Definately powerful. :smug:
    Oh, and the (vintage) SVT 810=Mack Truck; huge, but it goes a long way :p

14. jetsetvet

jetsetvet Banned

Mar 24, 2005
    :p :p :p [​IMG] :p :p :bassist: