Comparing Necks: Fender '62 Jazz Vs. Warmoth Slim Taper Jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DiabolusInMusic, Feb 4, 2017.

1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

I am considering a Warmoth slim taper jazz neck but I am wondering how it will compare to my Fender neck. I am trying to copy the neck from my Jaco artist which is essentially a '62 Jazz. I have heard the slim taper necks are fairly similar. I got a couple measurements from Warmoth to compare my neck to but I haven't got hold of a caliper yet. I thought I would see if anybody here has done some hands-on comparisons.

2. LeeNunn

LeeNunn Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2012
    Charlottesville, VA
    My Warmoth slim taper jazz neck (fretless ebony no lines) cured me of GAS. I can't imagine a more comfortable neck.

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  3. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

I asked this question over in the Warmoth club and another user made a good point about the Warmoth radius being 10". My Jaco has actually be re-radiused to 9.5" after the epoxy job so I would actually prefer to stay closer to that.

4. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Have you talked to the people at USA Custom Guitars? They have a ton of options available, many of which come with no additional charge. ;)

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022