Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Compatible Piezo Bridges?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Bonzai, Jun 4, 2003.

1. Bonzai

Bonzai

Dec 6, 2002
    Are Hipshot or ABM bridges compatible with RMC POW'R Piezo saddles, or does the bridge have be custom milled for them to fit? Thanks for the help.

2. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    I don't think so, but you should probably ask McClish.

I ask him if he is planning on doing saddles for a popular bridge (i.e. Hipshot or ABM) every year or so and he always tells me no. Why anyone would build piezo saddles for a Wilkinson bridge is beyond me.

3. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    I just got a fax from RMC. It says that the POW'R BASS saddles fit Wilkinson and Hipshot A-style bass bridges.

4. Bonzai

Bonzai

Dec 6, 2002
    Thanks for the info guys.

I also just received an email back from RMC and they attached pics of the saddles for me and a price listing. Great service!! In the price list they show the POW'R bass saddles being compatible with Wilk, ABM or Hipshot bridges. So it looks like they're are expanding their line. They also have new individual saddles coming out for bass with piezo installed. Like ABM's but from what I hear much better in quality and much better looking I might add.

5. Skorzen

Skorzen

Mar 15, 2002
    Springfield MA
    This is a little OT but I thought I would ask any way. Have any of you done a comparasion of the RMC pickups, and the FAAS pickups? THe FAAS are a good bit cheaper, and I am wondering how the sound compares.

6. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    Hey, they make a saddle for the "A" bridge now? Cha-ching. I'll have to check them out again.

The "A" bridge is milled for string-through-the-body, by the way, and so it should be possible to snake the wires through those holes if you decide to go that route.

7. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    That route I've gone indeed!!:D