Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Complaining...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, Sep 21, 2004.

1. If this is too political please yank this.

A girl I work with had a vice-presidential candidate over at a relative's house and got pictures of her family members with said candidate. She printed them out and hung them up above her desk. These were just pictures of some of her family members posing with the candidate and there were no banners or anything saying "vote for xxx" evident in the pictures.

A gentleman who is a strident member of the opposing political party complained to the supervisor that the pictures violated the Hatch Act (in a Federal workplace, an employee may not engage in politics in the workplace). This gentleman has long had pictures of politicians, electoral memorabilia as well as current election propaganda ("vote for xxx" bumper stickers etc.) prominently displayed in his work area.

The supervisor allowed the 'family pictures' to stay up but the complainant's "vote for xxx" bumper stickers and signs had to come down. If he wouldn't have said anything- no one would have said anything.

I got a kick out of it. :D

2. Yeah. Sounds like he finally got it done. I would say something political, but I shall refrain.

3. jkritchey

jkritchey

Jul 23, 2002
    Northern Va.
    Good call by said supervisor...

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    An good example of common sense prevailing over a moron! :D

5. I like your supervisor.

Leigh

6. Nikehawk

Nikehawk Guest

Jul 29, 2001
    Yorkville, IL, USA
    Those pictures shouldn't matter, as long as there is nothing suggestive about it. I work for a city government, and my City Administrator has a picture of him with GW (ugh!), but I would never look at it as propoganda.