1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Complete electronics n00b

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by fretlessman71, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Any great online resources for people interested in electronics but don't have CLUE ONE what they're really doing... like me?...

2. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Northern California
    I think that depends on what exactly you want to know.

Basic pickup construction?
    How pickup types (Jazz, MM, P, Ric etc) differ?
    Preamp basics?
    Passive wiring?

There are resources for all of those things and more.

3. Cadfael

Cadfael

Jan 4, 2013
    Germany, EU
    Here are 425 pages of information for free ...
    http://161589.homepagemodules.de/t2...chaltplan-Sammlung-fuer-passive-E-Baesse.html
    With hunderds of diagrams and a therory chapter ...
    But in German ...

You may not understand everything - but if you are willing to learn, you can and will learn. 31 years ago I started with a book and asked myself what the diagram and the real wirings have in common. My teacher still is my idol - and I am proud he knows and likes my wiring compilation ...

I don't know if there are books in English comparable to my glorious teacher Helmut Lemme. I am no electrician or electronic, so I am more practicle and can't dig too deep ...

Even though my compilation is in German it might help you to understand. Compare the easy / simple wirings first and after you understood, go on. My schematic diagrams plus WYSIWYG drawings explain a lot without needing a language ...