Complete Idiots guide to Bass book?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Hermes, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Hermes

Dec 9, 2005
    Has anyone read the "Idiots Guide to Bass" that just came out this year? I can't find any reviews posted anywhere or a copy in any store.

The Dummies book on Bass was great. I wonder how they compare. Same information? Different? Better or worse? Has anyone read both?
  2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I don't have an answer to your question or anything productive or helpful to add to this thread, but your user name is my last name and it's quite unsettling.
  3. Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    What a coincindence, my last name is Superduck.

No, j/k I have read it, and it is not to bad, but rather, just what the name implies, a Complete Idiot Guide.
  4. BassChuck

Nov 15, 2005
    I have a typewriter made by 'Hermes' company.

Wasn't there a Greek God by that name also?
  5. ...a buddy of mine picked up a case of hermes from some girl he "got friendly" with...
  6. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...and one of my favourite '60s bands was called Hermes & The Hermits.

I actually own Bass Guitar For Dummies. Nothing groundbreaking in there...nonetheless, a good read & qwik reference guide.
    This is not intended a knock: Good for those Bathroom visits, too.

I have the "Dummies" book(Yellow cover); I wasn't aware of an "Idiots' Guide"(Orange cover).
  7. Hookus

Oct 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Ah same here, guess i was being an "Idiot"
  8. Torch7

May 7, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Didn't realize they had an IDIOTS book, I too have the DUMMIES one... The ditto what was said earlier, & the Audio CD to practice too, is good for practice...