1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Complete Orchestral Parts

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by GriffithLea, Nov 7, 2006.

1. GriffithLea

GriffithLea

Aug 29, 2006
    Cypress, TX
    Does anyone know where I can find books containing the complete double bass parts for the various composers? For example, I have at home a few that I bought years ago (Beethoven, Mendelssohn, Dvorak, etc.) but I need to add a few more composers to my collection. However, I can't find these doggone things anymore. :help:

2. PaulCannon

PaulCannon

Jan 24, 2002
    Frankfurt, Germany
    NS Design Endorsing Artist
    You're probably looking for the Zimmerman complete double bass parts. There's something like 17 volumes. You can buy them on Lemur.

3. GriffithLea

GriffithLea

Aug 29, 2006
    Cypress, TX
    Thanks! The Zimmermans would work fine. I had looked on Lemur but the way they've got things organized I couldn't find them or anything like them. However, I just did a search on their site for Zimmerman and found at least a few of them.

4. Yeah, looks like Lemur's running out of those books. I ordered the Bach book a month ago, and it's still on back order.

5. There is a series of of CDROM's put out by CD Sheet Music, LLC called "The Orchestra Musician's CD-ROM Library". All the parts on each CD are in pdf format and can be printed out on 8 1/2" x 11" paper on most any computer printer. The contents of each CD are typically grouped by composers. For example volume VI has all the Mozart and Haydn parts, volume I has Beethoven, Schubert Mendelssohn, Berlioz and so on. They are a little expensive ($20 per CD) but there is a lot of parts in each CD and you can end up with a large collection of bass parts by buying just a few CD's. You can check them out at: www.orchmusiclibrary.com
    Tom