1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

complete t-bird rewire

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by euronymous, Mar 28, 2009.

1. I am strongly considering completely re-wiring my epi thunderbird. For one the volume volume tone thing kind of sucks. Secondly, I need to be very bright and be able to have the t-bird sound.
    For more reasoning, I play solo gigs around town with very heavy distortion, using pinch harmonics, power/bar cords and tremolo picking. I am playing it like a guitar. I need to have no hold backs on the highs, and lows and mids will happen with EQ. I also playing in a metal band, using only my neck pickup and over driving my tube pre for a nice growl.
    My idea is to have one volume, one tone, and a pick up blend knob. I would have the bridge pickup going strait out, no tone control at all. The volume being a 500k and tone (for the neck) a 250k (no clue on cap, 68 with 500k and now too bright). The p/u blend knob would not only switch from one all the way to the other but through in some higher punch from the bridge in the band situation.

Does anyone for see and problems with this idea?