Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Completed my Mesa 400+ /1516be rig

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chris h, Nov 7, 2005.

1. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Finally! Here is a really bad pic, better ones to follow I promise. Sounds fantastic.
    [​IMG]

2. SuperSonic!!!

SuperSonic!!!

Oct 26, 2005
    YORKSHIRE
    nice setup!
    what your vigier like? any good for slappin?

3. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    Cool looking bass. Cab looks kind of cumbersome.

4. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
  5. cetera

cetera

Apr 29, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses & Cort Basses
    Nice! I fancy one of those cabs myself.... It'd look great with my Mesa/Boogie Diesel 2x15 alongside it! ;) :bassist:

6. haujobb

haujobb

Dec 16, 2004
    Wallaceburg
    Hows the cab sound? I see one in my future, either that or a Eden 4x10...

7. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Thanks for the replies. The cab sounds very full with a detailed top end as you might expect given the range of speaker sizes. I have not had a chance to use it in anger yet but hope to do so next weekend. It will be intresting to see how it compares to Hartke 410xl's which I used to use and really liked.

I beleive Paul Mcartney uses one of these with a diesel 2x15 alongside so would be intresting to try.

Here is a better pic of the Vigier - It is the best bass I have ever had, including Alembic, Bossa, Pedulla, Marleaux. It is simply fantastic and matches the cob/amp very well indeed.. sounds like a velvet brick!

[​IMG]

8. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    The cab by the way isnt as cumbersome as I thought it would be - the wheels are excellent and although quite deep, it has a slightly smaller footprint than the Hartke cabs. Ok its quite heavy but it is well worth it for the tone!!

Here is a clip of the Vigier for those intrested. It has Marleaux electronics and is 17 years old now. Better pics of the cab coming tomorrow. It really is superb, and cant decide if I should sell the 410 as that has become my 'compact' rig now!

http://www.frozencloudmusic.com/~chrishiscocks/Bass guitar samples/ (near the bottom - clips of the fretless there also)

9. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    [​IMG]

A better pic of the setup.

10. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Very nice.

I think I want 3.

11. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Thanks! 3 eh? I might settle for another 1516 cab or a 2x15 at some point.. but 3 would be great!! P.s I apologise about the terrible carpet