1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Completing an Assignment: Creating a Bass Line from a Scale

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis

Only the video was an actual assignment. The second wasn’t, and that shows in my playing.

Spin Doctor likes this.
  2. Just my 2 cents, but you are rushing your lines. Practice with a metronome. You should be playing to some kind of time keeping device the vast majority of the time so you can get your time very solid.

Focus on hitting the 1 solidly, without anticipating the beat and clean up your notes with a firm fret technique.

This Victor Wooten video shows a good way to use a metronome

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
    Dr. Cheese likes this.
  3. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    You are right, I was rushing, and terribly so on the blues scale clip. I do use a metronome, and it has been a big help for me. I had been learning and practicing “Hip Hug Her” from the Duck Dunn book, and I set that metronome at 110, and all sorts of stuff just fell into place!:laugh:

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021