1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Complex Signal Routing Query

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by insomniac2295, Dec 10, 2011.

1. So, I have a DL4, a Micro POG, and a few others. I essentially want to be able to switch between my normal signal chain to having the Micro POG tied into a mock-loop within the DL4 (basically hooking the Micro POG up to the stereo ins and outs of the DL4 so each successive delay is on octave higher than the last).

I can't seem to wrap my brain around doing this, but is it possible to switch from:
    Micro POG > ODs > DL4 > out

to:
    ODs > DL4 w/POG > out

:confused::confused:

2. Your wording is confusing...

3. Yes, I realize this. It's kind of a hard routing to describe, but of course it makes sense in my head so that makes explaining it slightly harder.
    The abnormal signal chain I want to be able to switch to breaks down like this:
    I plug my bass into the left input on the dl4 , the POG lies inbetween the left output and the right input on the dl4, then my signal goes out the right output of the dl4 to the rest of my pedals. Now how can I switch between that and this chain:
    POG > distortions > Dl4> amp

4. JohnDavisNYC

JohnDavisNYC

Jan 11, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, D'Addario
    you could use feedback loop with both the DL4 and the Pog in it... the feedback knob on the looper would determine the number of repeats.

but that doesn't solve the problem of how to switch orders... i think you would need 2 pogs for this concept, unless there is some digitally controlled routing system that can handle stuff like this.

john

5. That's exactly what I was thinking and trying to avoid. Does it help that the micro POG has a dry and effect out? Probably not I'm guessing

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    There are a myriad of switchers available to do the switching, and isolating the loops, BUT, if you want the same effect in both loops, you'll need 2 of them, no way around it.

7. Beavis audio research actually has a schematic too build a position switch meaning you can hhave the od in front of the pog then hit the switch and then its the pog infront of the od

8. Skrogh

Skrogh

Jan 28, 2010
    Denmark
    Can you get the DL4 to function as normally, with the POG between "Left Out" and "Right In". If so I think there is a solution. (There is anyway, but it's a bit complicated)

9. Yes, it actually everything does function normally! What's your idea? :hyper:

10. Send and return are for the POG. In/out 1 and 2 are for the places in the chain you want the POG to be changed to and from. There may be a more efficient use of the switch, but I can't figure it and this will work.

pedalswitcher2.

11. is that for a 3PDT switch?

12. Yup 3PDT. You'll need a fourth pole for LED indication.

13. To me that looks like a "juggler" schematic with the jacks relabelled. Cool that it works.

14. Skrogh

Skrogh

Jan 28, 2010
    Denmark
    I went to bed after I posted, but the "juggler"/"flipflop" thingy was what I had in mind too, just wanted to make sure, that it would work. On a side note, what about modulation, Ping-pong and stereo delay, wouldn't that sound a bit funny when passing through both the right and left delay?

15. Modulation and Stereo delay sound completely normal. The Ping-Pong is actually the whole point of this thread:

http://www.facebook.com/v/1607573910589

16. From what I can tell, that description sounds like exactly what you want.

17. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    One thing: have you set up the POG in a loop with the DL4 and found that part works?

I tried something similar and met total failure when using a Whammy IV and a Boss DD-6. This was a while ago though, and I've never used a DL4... I stopped trying cause my pitchfactor does this out of the box :smug: