Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Compliment for a Mesa PowerHouse 212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fishstix, Feb 28, 2006.

1. fishstix

fishstix

Feb 28, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Hi there,
    I'm new to the TalkBass world but thought I'd give this a try.
    I recently purchased a Mesa PowerHouse 212 in an effort to make my rig a lot smaller. However, I'd like to drop the ohm load to 4 ohms so that my SWR bass 750 can chug out all 750 watts. My question is that of should I get a 210 to add to the cab, a 115, a 112, or another 212?
    As I understand it, adding a 300 watt 8 ohm 210 cab would drop the ohm load to 4 ohms but would really only boost the wattage handeling from 500 watts to 600 watts total due to an equal power output to both cabs, (i.e. 300 watts to each, the max for the 210). Any suggestions?
    Also, I've found the ratings on the Mesa website to be inconsistent with those printed on the back of the cabs. Anyone else run into this? Does anyone know the real power handling of the PowerHouse series cabs by RMS, particularly the ones mentioned earlier?
    Please keep tonal compliments in mind with suggestions as well. It's not all about the volume cause I'm not deaf yet.
    Thanks.