Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Compliments.. Don't ya love em!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by metalguy2, Jun 10, 2005.

1. metalguy2

metalguy2

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    Yesterday I was walking into my friends house. And his older brother was standing around outside doin random things.. putting stuff away etc. Well when he saw me was like.. "DUDE RAVAGE NEEDED A BASSPLAYER LIKE YOU!!" And then a whole bunch of lines just like it. It was really unexpected and it really made my day... Considering I just shelled out a ton of money to fix my car.. (didn't even fix it) :scowl:

Post comments you have recieved as well.

2. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I only recieve insults and death threats.

3. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Shut up you idiot or I'll gut you like a pig!

:p ;)

This isn't a big deal, but it made me feel pretty good. I've been playing EB for about 10 years now, but just recently picked up an URB and a couple weeks ago I had my second gig with it. Being so new on it, I'm still very paranoid about my intonation on the thing. Anyway, I had a guy come up to me and say "It was really refreshing to see an upright in a band setting like this. It sounded great and your intonation was dead on." Turns out he's a cellist in the local Symphony.

We all get the "Great set, man!" or "You're bass is really cool looking!" or "That one part of that one song that you can really hear the bass kicks ass!", but to actually get some amount of affirmation from someone who obviously knows what they're talking about means a lot.