Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Composite Basses at NAMM 2004

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jay Terrien, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Has anyone seen any advances in composite basses at NAMM? Composite neck and body advancements? Lightweight basses (extended range 6,7, 9s that weigh under 7 lbs)?

Please post some pix or e-mail them to me at jay@grasstain.com

I heard Parker was bringing a fretless 5. Is it there? I doubt it was completed for NAMM.

Cheers,

Jay
    www.jayterrien.com

2. hey Jay,

I was sent to the Stick booth where there was supposed to be a BassLab instrument, but it was taken from the show before I got there. sorry, man...

:(

from the lows,

Stew

3. Yeah, I heard that the Musikmesse 2003 Stick (shell made by BassLab) was there again.

Here they are:
    http://www.stick.com/news/stickxbl.html

I am going to try to demo the Ritter basses, some of which are made of "galpara", a weird plastic composite. I hope it is non-flammable. :)

4. hey Jay,

if that BassLab/Stick was a cool looking blue, then it was there.

I've played the Status and the Zons that Trip had there, plus I fooled around some on the other Zons, in their booth, but nothing in the 7-, 8-, or 9-string range.

the one Ritter I played was a 5 and looked like it had a wood body. there was an enormous and wild looking one, but I didn't have the time to much about with it.

again... :( ... sorry!

from the useless lows,

Stew