1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Composite Thunderchild TC 212 and amp pairing

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rjmsteel, Jan 24, 2017.

1. james condino

james condino Spruce dork Supporting Member Commercial User

Sep 30, 2007
    asheville, nc
    A few years back, that logic made me buy and then resell 20 different cabs over a 14 month period until I found the right set for me!

2. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    I hate to say it, but the Thunderfunk does what it sounds like you seek - phat but fast, with bit of that compressed thing. And the Subway can be tweaked in that direction, particularly if you get the 800+ and work with the hi-pass filter control on that unit. Old Eden stuff also shares a lot of roots with the Thunderfunk - there is a great thread somewhere here on TB re the history of Russ Allee, who pretty much is the father of the Thunderfunk, before the product fell into the capable hands of Dave Funk.

godley69 likes this.
  3. rjmsteel

rjmsteel

Jan 25, 2009
    Lake County, IL
    JB,

I had a feeling you might say that, and Thunderfunk`s shop is within 45 minutes away from me!

Just might have to make an appointment and set up a visit with my cabinet.