1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

compression pedal...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by zymeth, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zymeth

zymeth

Dec 10, 2006
    aberdeen nj
    anyone try compression pedals on bass? hows it sound? i heard it really helps for tapping..

2. Andy V.

Andy V.

Nov 5, 2006
    Dumbo, NY
    It helps, for sure...
    Look for the Compressor Megathread

3. ..and the bazillion other compressor threads.

4. zymeth

zymeth

Dec 10, 2006
    aberdeen nj
    cut me some slack man im new.

5. I no longer play without a compressor. It is integral to my sound, it just lets all the notes mellow together. If you buy one and think to yourself "this is doing nothing!"

Relax.

It happens alot. Its the most returned kind of effect pedal at most stores. Give yourself a week playing exclusively with it, especially at a higher setting. After that week, play without it and decide. Sometimes people then scale back to only a little compression, sometimes people crank it higher. Incidently it is also the most asked about pedal on these forums, so some people get frustrated that it is brought up several times a week.

6. Not getting shirty at you or anything, just saying that it's all been said before. You'll get much faster answers to your questions by having a search around. Like, search for the keywords "compressor" and "tapping" and you'll go straight to relevant threads in seconds. Otherwise, you're waiting for someone to respond which might take days.

This is a great free resource and one of the best ways of taking advantage of it is by putting a bit of effort into searching.

We are a happy bunch here and we're always willing to help, but the unwritten policy is "help yourself before you ask for help."

7. zymeth

zymeth

Dec 10, 2006
    aberdeen nj
    ah thanks a bunch guys!

8. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    Aphex Punch Factory. You'll be happy.

9. zymeth

zymeth

Dec 10, 2006
    aberdeen nj
    and ill use the search next time lol

10. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    TB member Bongomania has a couple of megathreads all about compressors with in depth reviews and the like. Look for those.

Welcome to Talkbass. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do.

11. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Looks like things are under control here.

Be sure to read the FAQ stickied at the top. A link to the compressor megathread is in there as well as many other helpful links.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.