1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

compression/pressure wound 6 string set options ?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by teleharmonium, Jan 22, 2006.

1. teleharmonium

teleharmonium

Dec 2, 2003
    Anybody know where a guy could get a 6 string set of the compression wound variety ? They're actually for a 5 string Ric which I play with a high C string, so in the past I have bought 6 string sets and given away the low B. I'm also open to relatively bright, lower tension flats, I guess, but you don't often see them in 6 string sets, or as singles where you can get a string at around .030.
    I have tried Ken Smith Compressors and SIT Silencers on a 4 string Ric and liked them both pretty well, so I'd like to get into something like that on the 5. Where to turn ?

2. amper

amper

Dec 4, 2002
    US
    Fodera.

3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Ken Smith compressors are always packed in 4 string sets, and the B and/or C is sold seperately.

Just Strings or the like will have the 4 string set as well as the individual string to add to it. I just ordered a set of compressors and a tapered B to go with it.

They were there in just a few days.

4. teleharmonium

teleharmonium

Dec 2, 2003
    Thanks. I'm happy to get the Compressors, I hadn't noticed they had the singles available.